Tuesday, March 28, 2006

My Dream

Once you have been on stage, it is always in your blood- it’s impossible to leave it behind forever. (That's me as Capote at an Oscar party.) I auditioned for the Academy of Classical Acting this past February. Seeing all of the competition, I felt so out of my league. I was so incredibly nervous- to the core. Right before they called my name, I completely blanked! Thank God the program director needed a bathroom break and I got a chance to re-collect myself. That was the biggest audition I have ever been to. Michael Kahn, the artistic director of Julliard and also the Academy was there. I thought I did well- it felt like I did well. But….not good enough, even for a call back. I wasn’t the only one- only 7 out of about 30 people were called back, leaving the rest of us to accept defeat. All of that preparation- well, it was good for me anyway. I plan on auditioning next year for other graduate programs- Old Globe, Alabama Shakespeare- and some others. Hopefully, a door will open somewhere. In the meantime, I'll keep knocking…

No comments: